– Daniel Barba
– Fullerton, CA
– 30 oof
– Server/Beertender… but looking for a marketing gig, so if anyone knows of a
When did you first start CrossFitting?
– July 2021
When did you first start training at CFS?
– July 2021
– FRAN, its painfull but I like the movements.
Least Favorite Movements?
– Any overhead squat movement
Tell us about your sports & fitness background.
– Grew up playing baseball from a young age and played through high school,
where i also played football. After high school i got into surfing and running. I
have finished 2 full marathons and would like to continue running marathons i
just need to get back in to running shape.
How did you first get exposed to CrossFit? Take us back to your first WOD…
what was it, and how did it feel?
– I dont remember my “first” workout but one of the first I do remember consisted of
20 back squats, 2 mile run, 20 back squats…. ummm i threw up on second set of
What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since
starting CF? (before / after)
– Iʻve gotten stronger overall and while I may have some work to do on eating and
drinking habits, coming to the gym has kept me more honest with myself and
learning to hold myself accountable.
What sort of changes in your life have you experienced out of taking on
something like CrossFit that were totally unexpected?
– Coming from a gym where i worked out alone, or go on long runs alone… finding
a place where all the other athletes socialize and become friends has been an
awesome new experience
Please share with us any favorite CrossFit / CFS moments.
– Doing a bar muscle up was pretty cool and a bit unexpected the day it happened.
Any advice for people just getting started?
– Be consistent, cause when you arent… the soreness is real.
What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit?
– Surfing, craft beer, and recently mountain biking.