With our new year challenge starting tomorrow here is an in-depth look at how you can accumulate points so you can win!
Earn 1 point per day by choosing the right foods to eat everytime you have a meal!
The CrossFit Methodology is
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar…and that’s exactly what we are going to do!
- Eat Meat-eat any and all meats.
- Eat as many different kinds of vegetables as you can! A good way to do this is pick a different 2-3 each week!
- Nuts and Seeds-just like vegetables try to vary these each week to get a different variety of nutrients
- Some Fruit-choose any and all fruits but try to limit to 2-3 fruits per day
- Little Starch-as it says little starch we are going to put a limit here for the kinds of starches and how much per day. POTATOES and RICE ONLY
- NO SUGAR-you heard that right! No sugar of any kind. This not only means no sugar in your coffee but also it means you must check your labels to see if their is any added sugar in anything you buy. It is amazing how many different foods have sugar in them. Be watchful!
Here is a great shopping list: Whole 30 Shopping List
Earn 1 point per day by eating in the right amount of foods each day
As well as eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar
You must keep intake levels that support exercise but not body fat.
What this means is we need to measure how much we eat. And there are a few ways we can do that for this challenge.
OPTION 1-Eye/Hand Method
3 Meals Per Day
1 Palm Size Protein
2 Handfuls Vegetables
1 Handful Fruit or Starch
1 Closed Fist of Nuts or 1/2-full Avocado or 1-2 Tablespoons Healthy Oil
Option 2-Zone Diet or Macros Diet
You will need a food scale, tablespoon, and measuring cup
Here is a great link to learn more about the Zone Diet
If you are interested in learning more about each of these diets…consult with the coach assigned to you for the challenge for help.
Earn 1 point by working out 5-6 days per week
You must workout at minimum at 3 CrossFit Saved Classes, the rest can be done using our at home workout list.
Supplements Allowed During Challenge
All Driven Nutrition Products
All Protein Shakes
Every supplement can only be taken before or after your workouts.
FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS CONSULT YOUR COACH ASSIGNED TO YOU!